RSG 0.00% 52.0¢ resolute mining limited

Found this article searching the topic. It's in...

1. 1,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Found this article searching the topic. It's in French.

https://www.maliweb.net/news/societe/2012/11/13/article,104642.html

Stuck it into google translate :

Uprising in the Syama Gold Mine: The security forces fired on demonstrators

Sunday, November 11th, the whole commune Fourou which had revolted. Originally the general discontent of the population, the violation by the company responsible for mining agreements made with the people.

Under these agreements, 70% of jobs in unskilled labor are reserved to the people of the town of Fourou on the land which the company operates mining. 15% back in circle 5% and 5% in the region of the Republic. However, there are always "corrupt executives who recruit recommendation, or their parents, or even others who simply sell the position against hard cash," according to an elected contacted in the locality. This problem remains since the mining company operating here, says this election. What is the basis of the popular revolt in a city where unemployment people who saw in this an opportunity to mine out of poverty.

The drop that overflowed the vase is the arrest of persons in this case, including a youth leader, following altercations, said an elected Kadiolo to the Honourable Bréhima Béridogo. General discontent of all the villages in the municipality of Fourou result of non-compliance with agreements between the company and the municipality. Many came to express their ras-le-bol, the inhabitants of the mining area have been targeted by security forces that have transformed their expression of anger in a blood bath. The toll is two dead, 14 injured. The victims are killed by bullets: Mr. Sogodogo family of Imam village Banasso and Mr. Dagnoko, the son of the village chief of Balla. According contacted an elected official, "the population was not armed, and the two victims were hardly hunters. The government statement is false archi-adds elected in this town. " According to testimonies, some injuries are the buttocks, which implies that they did not face the police. Some serious injuries were evacuated to Bamako.

According to a Government press release, issued by the Ministry of Internal Security and Civil Protection, read on state television and made available to the press, "Sunday, November 11, 2012 at Syama Gold Mine, rural town of Fourou, Kadiolo circle, a clash was between a group of young fighters and security forces, killing two villagers dead and 14 wounded, including four serious in the ranks of the security forces. This unfortunate incident occurred following a complaint filed with the court by an official of the mine was attacked nightly at home Nov. 2, 2012. As part of this complaint, three people including an official of the local youth were placed in custody. Also, to demand the release of these, a group of young hunters and villages surrounding the mine they have erected barricades to prevent all access to the mine. Despite the talks by the local government, they did not want to give up. To their refusal to remove barricades, security forces intervened to clear the way. It is in this time that they came under gunfire by hunters. In panic, gunfire fatally shot two villagers ... ".

According to information from the Ministry of Internal Security and Civil Protection, the human resources manager of the Syama mine, abused at home which is at the origin of the complaint, after which three people including a youth leader arrested: Lassana Ouattara, Abdoulaye Soumano, Abdoulaye Koné (president of the local Youth Fourou). To demand their release, people have asked barricades. Faced with the uprising, officials of the mine and the prefect of Kadiolo thought only call a reinforcement came from Sikasso, which attempted to remove barriers posed by people angry. The ensuing shootout killing two people and wounded 14 including elements of law enforcement. Our work with the various ministries involved and the mining company does not allow us to have the injured list.

Ministry of Mines, Seydou Keïta, technical advisor of the department reported the establishment of a mission of good offices which will in the next few days (maybe Wednesday) in the Syama gold mine. Collectively, the Ministers of Mines, Territorial Administration and Decentralization, the justice, homeland security and civil protection are involved in the record of this case, said the technical adviser.

At the company's headquarters located at Randgold Faladiè district of Bamako, where our investigator went, it was clarified that Randgold sold since 1996 Syama gold mine in society Resolute Mining Limited (Mining Company Syama Its ). At the headquarters of his SOMISY Badalabougou to the Director General that we did not know was received through the vigil, he sticks to the government statement broadcast on television broadcasting Office Mali (ORTM) Sunday, November 11, 2012.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.107B
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.5¢ 51.5¢ $2.700M 5.188M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 172817 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.5¢ 163214 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.