CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

3 major chinese + bhp to collaborate with cfu, page-2

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    The abc ran the same story yesterday, omitting the names of the Australian industry alliance partners...

abc - 17/01/2012
    ___

ClearEdge Power's $500mil fuel cell deal may be very short lived as the "largest ever" if any one of CFU's new Chinese "Alliance" partners like what they see.

Surprised the company have yet to make any announcement - Would certainly attract some interest. - Maybe they're waiting until the collaboration agreement is signed?
    ___

Nice comment from CFU GM Mr Rowe under the ClearEdge story:

Trent Rowe
    01/10/12 10:36 PM
    Well done to ClearEdge.
    Europe is a rich, fertile environment for stationary fuel cell systems. Consumer’s appetite and the regulatory environment is totally different to the US – In Germany; end-users can even feed-in excess power from fuel cells to the grid and receive payment! Austria will be a good start. The challenge will certainly be managing scale-up and shortening the process from getting the units out the door into customers’ locations.
    How do I know this? We are already doing this right now.
    Full disclosure: I work for Ceramic Fuel Cells!

Source

Good website there - looking at this one realises that the rest of the world are indeed being far more proactive in support for Green Energy than just talking about it. I note CFU boss shares a similar view:

Jeff Harding – CFU Chairman comments on our Governments lack of support - Ann: 23/11/2012
    “To be clear – we are not talking about Government cash handouts or massively over-generous premium feed-in tariffs, which some other technologies have received. We believe support is justified by our ability to generate electricity at double the efficiency of coal generators and our delivery of three times the carbon savings of the average home solar PV unit. Importantly, because we generate electricity where it is actually consumed, there is no investment needed for new transmission lines.
    In the absence of political progress in Australia, we are fortunate to be able to focus on those international markets where the policies are already in place to support us. Markets such as Germany, the UK and The Netherlands, welcome our technology and as very large markets we are focussing our attention there.”

I always assumed the feed-in law was the governments incentive structure to encourage the adoption of renewable energy? Apparently not!

I'm not a greenie but hearing that our own home grown green tech companies aren't being Government supported when the CO2 debate has been the single focus of ALP is nothing short of disgraceful - Shame on our Government and good luck to CFU and all holders.

“Talk does not cook rice Gillard”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.