REY 0.00% 3.6¢ rey resources limited

3 million dollar trade today, page-11

1. 6,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22387
    I think this Chinese guy Wanyan Liu, based in Hong Kong, has a relation with AFS Group which is full of Chinese guys again.

Our investment funds and brokers may think that coal assets are no longer required in their portfolio. That's their stupidy. (They did the same thing and sold all coal assets during GFC, but they had to buy them back at higher prices)

However it looks like those Chinese guys think that coal is still the king. I too, think the same way; Coal is still the king, it will be the major source of energy for the next 40 years IMO.

Chinese guys might be buying also because of the 10% petrouleum share of REY on the most prospective part of the Canning Basin as well. They might be doing this for one the 3 biggest O&G state companies of China. They may sell all their shares to one company during a takeover. You may know that Petrochina has its footprint on QLD CSG business through it's partnership with Shell (Arrow Energy assets), but they are not in Canning yet. REY could be a bridge for them.

It's good that Chinese guys have taken the total control of REY now. I am seeing it as a positive from now on as they can understand the value of resources at least and can get them to be mined asap.

Time will tell. Holding tight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add REY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.