CBA 2.46% $136.17 commonwealth bank of australia.

3 reasons to sell your cba shares, page-303

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    What utter garbage. Comparing apples with oranges gives you a great vent, but its totally wrong. Never say never about a looming correction, but at least give some compelling arguments!

MY EV is much much bigger than my "GDP", so what? A meaningless statement. The combined EV of all our listed companies should be substantially bigger than the country's GDP. Something would be terribly wrong if it were otherwise.

Comparing CBA's EV to companies such as BP, etc, is also meaningless. Their risk profiles and their position in the economy are completely different. Oil prices can collapse to be uneconomic. A bank's services cannot (in theory! We will always need them.) So, another meaningless comparison.

There is obviously a complete lack of understanding of our banking sector vs, say, the USA's. Fundamental differences void comparisons (something as simple as recourse loans vs non-recourse loans, as a simple example).

Australian bank valuations may be overly done, but please at least use comparative facts to make the point, not some naïve observations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$136.17
Change
-3.430(2.46%)
Mkt cap ! $229.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$138.22 $138.37 $135.91 $272.5M 2.084M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 88 $136.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$136.20 120 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.14pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.