CBA 0.14% $134.16 commonwealth bank of australia.

3 reasons to sell your cba shares, page-318

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    HAHA the "shorters"? What shorters?

http://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=cba

No one sensible has been jumping in front of the CBA freight train to short it (at least not until today).

CBA hasn't felt the pressure from shorters for a LONG time, but if today is anything to go by that might be about to change...

As for your comments about the US lifting rates being a good things - I have my doubts - who is going to lend money cheaply to our "AAA rated" governments (or companies) in a currency that is falling like a knife, with budget deficits that are not projected to return to surplus, when they can get a decent yield on "risk free" US treasuries in a currency that is rebounding from historic lows...

If US rates start going up, companies like CBA would just a likely sell off given they derive most of their earning in a depreciating AUD with limited growth prospects (though it would help some of our miners and exporters).

So be careful what you wish for.

We need rising US rates like we need a hole in the head - at least until we can redirect our economy into being more than just a mine for Asia and for our government to get its spending priorities in order.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.