BYE 0.00% 5.4¢ byron energy limited

>BYE is now in the best place in years and it's trading below...

1. 562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    >BYE is now in the best place in years and it's trading below its average

I don't think people can quite believe it. After all high prices bring on production which push price back down. Which creates the saying "high prices are the cure for high prices". So the usual course of business means this is a flash in the pan.

But without blushing, This time it is different. It's not just a case of investing a few trillion in oil. People are prepared to glue themselves to the road and vote with their pension money and even talk with their MPs. "Save the Planet, leave the oil in the ground". "To hell with the rules, we need a place where our kids can breath". "Fossil fuel is evil". "Gaia is dying and needs your help". "Your either with us or against us". So, any US government help for oil is going to be problematic.

Of course nuclear fission would solve all these issues but my numbers have it, that to replace fossil fuel consumption today we would need to build a big nuclear power, every week for the next 50 years. And that is assuming no power growth in that 50 years. That means no pay rises for 50 years. That means the billion people on $2 a day will still be on $2 a day in 50 years. It just is not going to happen. People will fight for a better tomorrow. The other problem with nuclear is that even though it is zero carbon emission and is statistically good for the environment, Green peace is an amalgamation of the "Environmental movement" ie the "Green in GreenPeace" and the "Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament" ie the "Peace" in "GreenPeace". Nuclear fission will always be evil to this group. And they seem to be in charge right now or at least have the balance of power.

So we are left with Black (Oil) paying for Green (Solar and wind). So, if we want a green future we need to drill much more oil to pay for that infrastructure. Which is not going to happen. Which means oil prices will go up to build the infrastructure. The louder the calls to go green, the higher the price of oil. All BYE share holders should be voting green.

I am reminded of the saying below. I think BYE share holders are just getting to the scepticism part.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3725/3725862-e6ac7aecb665c16c7c0d38fd2d2de902.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.