30,000 people die, page-41

1. 28,511 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Hi Milo and anyone else interested.
    Thought I would tell you a bit about my fasting experience todate.
    It's interesting to speak to others re this. Have a brother who has Type 2 Diabetes. Told him. His response was that there are always fads and the latest which he has been through years of testing these methods and no longer interested.
    Told hairdresser. Overheard by another who came flying over to me, to inform me that one cannot continue to eat the 18/6 way. She told me her daughter has become extremely thin and unhealthy and that she was also following the low carb high protein way of eating.

Let me assure you, I took little notice of either of these responses, largely because I could only see ignorance at work, there. lol.

Anyway, I have been doing IF for six weeks now. I did not weigh myself at the beginning of January when I began this way of eating. However, I am very aware that my body is saying to me each day "thank you, I am feeling great". My clothes are just an easier fit and am still, as ever, enjoying my food. I need to cope with the idea that going to an exercise class just prior to coming to the end of my fasting period is, indeed, do-able and that I won't faint. Todate, apart from the mild headache, I've never felt faint.
    I am about to go out this morning and feel relaxed without food in my stomach.

Must acknowledge though I have needed to drink more water. Read somewhere that because no food during fasting and food has water, that this is a likely response. A couple of long glasses of water in the morning is the go for me now. Sets me up.

Anyway, Milo, that's me right now. Thanks for your written response here re your own experience. It gave me confidence to do this.

ps I found it very useful to understand how my body is responding to constant snacking verus IF and I have read regularly so, although without science education, I am university educated so am enjoying this information provided.
    Last edited by picastoc: 16/02/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.