CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

30.3 mt @ 1.70% cueq, page-88

1. roh
    4,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Phoeinix1,

Commonsense may prevail. Qmn will no doubt in time be utilising CuDeco's rail and port facilities which would be beneficial to both companies.

It is in Cudeco's interest for QMN and other companies in the Cloncurry region to succeed. They will contribute to CuDeco's profits.

A number of posters on this forum have been impatient with the time it has taken CDU to get to mining and Qmn is similarly placed.

It has taken 5 years for Rocklands to progress to this stage and we still have a way to go but the careful approach of planning ahead particularly with respect to infrastructure and managing to keep shareholdings under 200 million has put CDU in a strong position going forward.

From your posting, it looks like QMN is not going down CDU's path of purchasing their own plant but rather supplying ore for toll milling. Am I right in assuming Xstrata would be doing this for them? They are short of feedstock hence the EXCO deal with ore to Ernest Henry. This deal seemed to take ages to consumate even though it was the logical solution for EXCO.

With all mining projects, one has to have infinite patience. Success does not materialise overnight.

Now that finality to mining is being reached, one can appreciate the effort put in by the CDU team when one recalls many of the rough patches CDU went through. But such is the nature of the mining business.

Might I wish you all the best with QMN.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.