TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

30 day flows announced., page-17

1. 287 Posts.
    Interesting result while one well results do not determine the final result of a field of fifty wells it is not that far from the results that AUT had early on. Kennedy had a decline of 41% for oil and 30% for gas component, Morgan (the monster 2046 bopd ip) had 37% for oil and 29% gas.

the Tyler Ranch has 50.5% oil decline and 6% for gas. AUT have improved on the decline rates as they understand well performance, local geology ect. TXN will do just the same I have no doubt the company are saying how do we improve on this.

The low decline in gas is important as gas flow and pressure have been linked to oil migration within the shale. Could mean different things too high a gas flow causing pressure drop resulting in the oil being stranded need more choking or something else maybe surging.

I remember being told by a friend working for Origin in the Surat CBM that some of the wells would periodically switch between full water no gas for a month before going back to multi mmcfd gas production. There is nothing stopping surging happening in shale. If it does what happens to the oil?

It is amazing how concerns about declines are being highlighted here just like they were in the AUT thread when results for kennedy ect were first being announced. History repeating itself?

cheers Icharus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.