30% generated by renewable energy sources, page-46

1. 6,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Tin speaking of psycho babble the climate nutters are at again gee its already snowing in europe its going to be one of the coldest winter in 100 years. The warmies will spin this into global chaos/change what a bunch of eco-tards

With egg all over the faces of global warming alarmists given the halt in temperature increases the past fifteen years, you would think media outlets would be a little gun-shy concerning "studies" predicting environmental doom with the help of climate models.

Starting in about a decade, Kingston, Jamaica, will probably be off-the-charts hot — permanently. Other places will soon follow. Singapore in 2028. Mexico City in 2031. Cairo in 2036. Phoenix and Honolulu in 2043.

And eventually the whole world in 2047.

A new study on global warming pinpoints the probable dates for when cities and ecosystems around the world will regularly experience hotter environments the likes of which they have never seen before.

And for dozens of cities, mostly in the tropics, those dates are a generation or less away.

"This paper is both innovative and sobering," said Oregon State University professor Jane Lubchenco, former head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, who was not involved in the study.

So, if the world manages to reduce carbon emissions, we'd only gain 22 years before the world ends.

You know what that means, don't you?

Drill, baby, drill!

As readers might imagine, this piece has elicited some of the loudest online laughs I've experienced in years.

Climate Depot's Marc Morano said, "Global warming activists have finally committed to a Mayan calendar like deadline for the planet's doom. Kudos to the warmists for finally shaming Nostradamus. He never allowed his prognostications to get this specific."

Anthony Watts of Watts Up With That asked, "Has Harold Camping approved the date yet?"

Real Science's Steve Goddard answered, "Ehrlich will be angry. He finished off Earth 30 years ago, and this study just isn't taking his past work seriously."

Dr. Tim Ball added, "If the accuracy equals Phil Jones estimate of global temperature in the 2001 IPCC Report the accuracy will be ±33 percent."

But the best line in my view came from University of Alabama-Huntsville's Roy Spencer who offered this gem: "I'm gonna plan for 2046, just in case they are off by a year."

I think that's wise, Roy.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/09/ap-temperatures-go-charts-around-2047#ixzz2hTBO7wKz

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.