SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Ironically, I was in both PNV and SLX completely independently...

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Ironically, I was in both PNV and SLX completely independently of Moosey and Hotcopper. I plonked about $60 grand onto Metabolic Pharmaceuticals at prices between 2.3 and 3 cps, they later changed their name to Calzada, and then again to Polynovo. I sold out at prices of between 9.5 and 11.5 cps, despite the fact that I had a gut feeling that their burn treatment technology was actually going to come good. Logic told me that I was sitting on a tidy profit, and that by any conventional valuation metric the stock was now a lot more speculative.

So I followed cold hard logic, and promptly missed out on a thirty bagger (or a one hundred bagger, depending on which way you look at it)!

Live and learn.

That experience is one of the reasons, why I'm not so quick to part with my SLX shares.

So far, I've only net sold 1000 shares out of 1.86m (I basically sold the value of our SPP subscription plus 1000 shares onto the market to take a slightly larger nibble at a different stock).

I think that a Uranium price spike is a real possibility, and the fact that the market is extremely opaque doesn't mean that it isn't subject to exactly the same laws of demand and supply as any other commodity. We all know about the number of new civilian reactors that are coming on line in places like China and India, but we know much less about all of the military reactors in ships and subs that are also going to need Uranium soon, to say nothing of existing nuclear vessels that are going to need refuelling. If that happens, then we could breeze past the c.$12 sp peak of 2007.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.