EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Wab, Let me have a go at outlining what I think would be...

1. 1,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Wab,

Let me have a go at outlining what I think would be appropriate "at this time".

Whereas I interpret the mindset I read in your reaction to posts from anyone who expresses dis- satisfactin about the way EGO is being run, is to challenge the aspirations of the three people who are willing to step up and do their utmost to contribute to the important mission of turning the business around for sharholders. I seriously doubt there is much merit in whatever you are trying to achieve here?

Your honking questions demanding detailed answers from the board aspirants are so transparent as to boarder on belittling their integrity. Yet you have not yet shown that you are prepared to demand the same informtion from the B&M we currntly have? Why is that?

Let me put it to you, that you know as well as we do, that the current outfit including the Chairman, and his very highly paid CEO have progressively shown that they are not up to delivering on their promises. It follows for any onlooker who has observed their performance closely since they took over, that despite all their exhertion and all the expensive use of their closely kept team of consultants. What is there to show for it, where has all this fluffing around brought any comfort for shreholders?

Can you honestly have confidence that after three years they are now going to get serious and get on with the job? History shows that the second World War lasted six years? How long does this outfit need to get up to speed?

Look Wab, I just think you are being really unfair by trying to brow beat and stand over these people. I wont brand you a hypocrite but I have been tempted to speculate about your motivaton for trying to compromise the aspirations of the candidates who are seeking election to the board. But instead I can guess that it is predicated on something which may be far too complex for simple folks like me to understand.

If anything all you are achieving from where I sit is, you are making people more upset and irritated by the very underwhelming performance of the establishment which is supposed to be running this company for shareholders.

Finally I want to get back to the point you seem to be clinging to: Also made by your other mate.

If there is any point in continuing to defy the obvious signs of disarray and incumbent loss of momentum in the existing B&M, by supporting them for another year of weakness and stagnation, I am not seeing the merits of that despite your obvious inclinations to do so.

The situation is coming to a head, why? Because three years of hollow promises, lack of planning and attention to achievement must eventually come to a shuddering end! There has to be a time for accountability and taking stock of where we need to turn this around.

There is a choice here, and it is not an obscure one? Vote for more of the same knowing that you are choosing to be part of the ongoing problem rather than part of the solution.

Or, there is the choice you can make to take an active interest in bringing in change, by voting accordingly because the status quo is inadequate to deal with the challenges we are facing as shareholders. You would deny that, but I believe you do know which way is the better option for shareholders.

My final thought is about what might be preferable going forward.

Would I prefer a Board comprised of Dirctors who have stellar career records over thirty odd years each in relevant fields who have presided over a profoundly downward path for this company over the past two years at least.

OR? Would I prefer a board enriched with new blood, new enthusiasm, and new focus on changing the direction of the business back towards delivering better results for shareholdes?

Its a no brainer for me. Even if I was the holder of only a small non-marketable parcel of shares/options (which if this lot are still in charge there will be more and more of) I would be voting for the second option any day!

I have done my own DD, and as much as I am certain that the cause for change under the auspices of Kent, Griffo and Dr John will appreciate the support of a strong majority of holders to vote per the preferred ballot manifest for change, everyone should put in the effort to use their vote, whichever way they decide to go.

Good luck and best wishes the Team for Change for better results for shareholders!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.