$364.6 million_Dunny_Flush, page-48

1. 24,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    So apart from the dodgy QLD government ignoring the result, it seems the S.A and NSW government are doing the same. Here's a letter I just sent to a few of our local members, feel free to pinch it use if you feel the same way.

Dear politician,

I was just reaching out hoping you can help me make sense of this stuff.

So we just had a very expensive referendum that cost a small fortune and 'we the people' voted 'no' to the Voice and whatever would have followed if it got passed. The stated purpose of this referendum, by quite a few of the more high profile advocates and indeed the full documents of the matter was to institute 'the voice' which would give some Aboriginal people a greater influence on government than the rest of the population for some reason that hasn't been properly explained. The Voice, was supposed to be the 5th stage of a 6 stage process leading to the 'Mukkarata commission' and treaty, the meaning of which I also haven't seen being adequately explained by anyone either. The document I'm referring to is here in case you haven't seen it ( https://www.niaa.gov.au/sites/default/files/foi-log/foi-2223-016.pdf ) the scary parts are towards the end.

Anyway, we voted 'no' and assumed that would be the end of it, only to be assaulted with the news on Monday, only 2 days after the vote that the QLD government (and also the S.A. and NSW governments) will be proceeding with their treaty machinations anyway. Are you able to explain how they can get away with this stuff which seems to be in blatant disregard to the results of the democratic process we just endured? Isn't it now illegal as referendums are supposed to be binding? Are they simply arguing semantics, that technically the Voice referendum wasn't about treaty (unless you read the documents of course)? Is that why the government played it down by not releasing the full details of what their plan was? So that when they lost the vote they could proceed with their agenda anyway? Or is this just the incumbent premier showing her contempt for the electorate as she knows it's her last term in office and wanted to add a bit of insult to injury on the way out? Why does government seems obsessed with driving a wedge through society on this race issue? I really can't see how this is being allowed to proceed and I hope the opposition government is indeed opposing it.

Thanks for letting me vent, hope you can assist in my understanding.

Regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.