MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

365m gas bearing sands, page-44

1. 2,041 Posts.
    4,454 MDRT was TD.

The GWC may be below 4,444, but there is absolutely no way that it is higher.

My understanding is that given the bottom hole section at TD consists of a 636m section of uncased, high pressure/temperature formation, with gas across a large section, given the challenges of past wells in the area, in order to ensure the primary objective of the well was achieved (test composition and productivity of gas in reservoir), the operator deemed it was best to run logs, case, cement and flow test.

Given the temperature and pressure gradients, drilling past 4,500m involves temperatures well above 200oC. It is very difficult to get logging equipment in a 8 1/2" hole to work down under these challenging conditions.

eni confirmed two very large reservoirs sections, logged them, and decided to flow test both of them. This is all we can ask. Pre-drill, this would have been the best outcome we could have hoped for.

Personally, I think the oilpool at TD theory is probably wishful thinking, however the deeper 115m reservoir containing >50bbl/mmcfd of condensate makes absolute sense and is consistent with everything I have read. If so, assuming the deeper Plover is 3Tcf across HN/HS, then we are talking >150mmbo of condensate. Apply a ridicuously cheap igv of $4/bbl, then MEO's residual share is worth $150m on confirmation, yes more than MEO's current market cap.

How can one not be excited?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.