TLS 1.44% $3.89 telstra group limited

re: tls and fundamentals I've seen software for VOIP that...

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    re: tls and fundamentals I've seen software for VOIP that connects directly to your telephone, hence you do not need to sit by the computer to make a phonecall. Of course you still need Internet and preferably broadband. But with either cable or wireless you can ditch your landline and just use VOIP.
    And in neither case do you need Telstra for any of these services.
    If people don't use ADSL or a landline the copperwires will just sit there, unused.

At the moment I pay around $50 a month for the phone and $69 a month for ADSL. With Telstra. I will move soon and what I want to do is get wireless or cable with another provider who offers faster and cheaper Internet than for $69 a month and then ditch my landline.
    So instead of paying about $119 to Telstra each month I pay $0 to Telstra and perhaps $50 to someone else like iPrimus.
    So for less money I get better service and faster Internet. Because let's face it, TLS are very expensive for slower Internet and their service is appaling. They treat customers more like objects than real people.

Oh, and my mobile phone is Optus pre-paid. $30 gives me $130 credit.

It is 5 times more expensive to sign new customers than to keep old ones, yet TLS are not able to compete on price or service. It's an old warhorse, outdated

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.