LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

I do find it annoying that so many people post that the shorters...

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    I do find it annoying that so many people post that the shorters are gonna get squeezed, they will have to cover, there will be the mother of all short-covering rallies, etc etc.

The fact is - the shorters are NOT stupid - they are professionals. They will push the price wherever they want it, courtesy of the algos etc. They will be covering one lot of shorts while the price is down, at the same time they're shorting more.

And, when they decide that they've had enough profit out of this stock, they will let the price slowly rise. Maybe. Because I don't think we're in a world now where we will see the typical short-covering rallies any more, like there used to be. The shorters will cover via dark pools for very large numbers of shares.

They will have arrangements - probably already in place - with other funds who bought the shares even cheaper. They will transact off market, and the fund selling the shares will make a nice profit, and the fund buying to cover will also make a nice profit.

And all without really affecting the current open market price.

Yes, I'm with Rorkes and others, in thinking that shorting should be banned - it is nothing but a contrived scam that allows people to sell something they don't own. And it is wealth destruction. And in these days of bots that can push the share price wherever they want it, it is not so much shorting on a bet that the price MAY go down - it is shorting knowing full well that the price WILL go down, because they MAKE it go down. They don't lose. And they hunt in packs - several funds will target a stock together. Like FMG for instance.

Oh yeah - and like LYC.

Manipulated games, all of it. Fundamentals are seeming to have less and less to do with the share price.

Cynical? Moi?? Hah...!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.