FBR 0.00% 2.5¢ fbr ltd

3D Construction Concepts

1. 1,417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 364
    I thought I would start a new post for discussions centered around 3D construction techniques more generally.

What got me thinking is you don't don't seem to see many double or triple story 3D printed homes produced by 3D additive construction machines.
    Has anyone every asked why?
    The second story always seems to be built out using wood construction. Why with the gantry system already set-up does the build stop at ground level?
    Multi story structures might exist but I have never seen any.
    Could it be that the 3D sprayed concrete walls cannot support the weight? Could there be some other perfectly logically reason?
    If there are structural or other limitations with 3D additive construction machines then isn't this just expanding the market for FBR which has a workable solution on multi-story construction?
    It does make you think about it.

It didn't take FBR long to begin building on two story constructions and with the next gen machine's speed and improved accuracy, you would have to assume that a three story build may not be that far away.
    And again, Icon has been reported to have a latest round valuation of $2bil?
    Things aren't adding up for me.

Additionally, aside from speed and accuracy improvements, we have to assign value to some of the ancillary benefits the HX can provide such as being able to meet community standards around ESG, savings on workers comp/penalty rates, etc. build timing certainty, parallel manufacturing, aesthetics, no need to manually resurface toothpaste walls, tradie shortages delaying projects, opportunity cost of unfinished buildings waiting for bricklayers (AKA happening at a construction site near you).

In my opinion, 3D concrete additive construction machines are further away from commercial readiness than the HX machine. The HX machine is not trying to fit into niches like affordable housing, it is taking on directly the entire market for low rise buildings. It doesn't change the look and feel of a structure. It doesn't require follow on trades to significantly change their processes. It doesn't require as much manual finishing work as additive structures. It doesn't spray concrete which is reportedly responsible for huge CO2 emissions. It can lay blocks of various sizes and substances which can be produce in environmentally sustainable ways. Some things just don't add up to me at the moment. These are the reasons why I believe the builder community will be eager to adopt the HX construction method.

I could be wrong. This is not investment advice, etc. etc. My opinions only. Do your own research, etc. etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $19.04K 755.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1797438 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2500000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 7.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 707625
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.