PPP 0.00% 3.7¢ pan pacific petroleum nl

Depends on who is doing it and who is interpreting it and...

1. 8,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    Depends on who is doing it and who is interpreting it and whether they want to release the information quickly or not.

The actual 3D seismic should take just a matter of weeks I imagine. I guess it depends on weather conditions and how big an area the survey is meant to cover.

The interpretation of the results is a different matter and can take some time.

I would think that they are looking at all aspects of the seismic.
    In other words they will want to get an assessment on the Red Emperor reservoir but they will also want to assess the "prospects" close to that well in the light of what they can tell about the Red Emperor well and reservoir.

They probably won't want to make any comment about Red Emperor until they have atotal picture about the whole area covered by the seismic survey.

The relevant bit in a PPP announcement (15 July) said :
    "CCGVeritas has been contracted to acquire a 1000km2 3D survey over the eastern part of Block 07/03 for the purpose of defining the resource potential of the Cá Rồng Ðỏ discovery and adjacent structures, and to determine future exploration and appraisal activity. The survey will be undertaken during July and August."

So, depending on how long they took to finish that area into August, will depend how far they have got in their analysis by now.

Don't hold your breath I reckon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.