AEZ 0.00% 0.1¢ apn european retail property group

Not sure if anyone will be that interseted or whether it will...

1. 3,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    Not sure if anyone will be that interseted or whether it will have much impact just now, but I have been reading my favorite European real estate report, particularly looking at anything on European Retail (Re my moribund holding in AEZ)
    Retail sales have been increasing quarter on quarter for over a year now after a major slump in the 18 months before. The rate is in the low single digits but it is increasing.
    Falls in retail property prices have boadly ceased and vacant space is starting to fill up again in all areas other than the mediterranean rim, or the usual suspects, particularly in major "gateway" cities and in the best areas.
    Another consideration is the valuations. Ive just had some properties valued and it invariably comes in a very significant and annoying way below what you know the property would bring from your own research. Why? Because the valuers are afraid of litigation, and the best way to avoid this, they think, is to be very conservative. You will only be told this if you have mates on the inside, which I do as often as not, though not in Europe.
    Its not much cheer but it could make the difference between 4 cents and 10, at the margin. What do you think?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.