ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

4 corners report 21 feb, page-3

1. 8,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2848
    Gassed, I think that already the problems of one CSG producer has affected ALL prospective CSG producers.

I say that because the BG LNG project approval was conditional upon them complying with 1200 strict conditions placed by Qld Govt, plus 200 Federal Govt conditions.

Then GLNG approval was given, and I think it copped similar conditions. I think these approvals were for both the field dev't, pipelines and LNG project and marine dev't.

I have not read the DA docs, so am basing my comments on my recollection of the media coverage.

I suspect that any and all of the concerns raised by 4 Corners would be covered by the DA conditions. Maybe not some of the emotive issues though. But I think even the land access issues have been changed so that land owners get a much bigger voice.

My point is, that these CSG field dev'ts are rapidly being regulated and tightly controlled.

So any dev't proposals by ICN (and ESG on other thread) are going to be subject to the same strictures and control as the first two DA approved projects. Its going to be industry wide.

I still think, that irrespective of 4 Corners program, irrespective of some farmers' objections, and irrespective of the usual "Greens" bleatings whenever progress is planned, NO Aust govt, Federal or State, Labor or Liberal, would now stop the development of the CSG -> LNG proposed projects.

These Govts are counting on the future revenue and jobs to drive their economies over the next 20+ years.

Aust has virtually no manufacturing industry anymore, and we are pretty much reliant upon the resources industry for our bread and butter. Agriculture and maybe Tourism comes in second. SO where would we get the funds to pay for our hospitals, roads, welfare, defence etc?

these projects will go ahead - the Govts will just look for the path of least resistance

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.