LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

When Oneforthe started the $4 party stuff, we could only dream...

1. 1,176 Posts.
    When Oneforthe started the $4 party stuff, we could only dream of the current time and the share price was mostly well above the current price. So what's different now?
    -Mount Weld is 40% larger
    -Duncan is drilled, established and a solid HREE resource with great Dy numbers.
    -The concentrator is built operating and successfully producing concentrate amounts and numbers consistent with our engineering and design.
    -Crown is still under Lynas control
    -The LAMP is 96% built, fully financed and progressing well on Phase 2.
    -We are now up to nine customer agreements including a JV plan with Siemens (a world class company) and contracts for each element Lynas will produce.
    -We have been declared safe in Australia (even if the Aussie greens have a comprehension issue) and by the IAEA, Malaysian Nuclear Experts, Malaysian Academics, and the AELB. Yes we still face and irrational political opposition. But if the case is thrown out March 20 and the Minister denies the appeal in April that should pass. And honestly, no one has a reasonable argument why either result will not occur as planned.
    -And finally first feed is a month away for the first time in our history.

So what went wrong?
    -Well the obvious thing is the REE prices changed direction. This is not a big deal. The politics, end markets, governments and companies are all still seeing the value of the elements. Yes, we found some limits to prices but we also see the elements are still valued and key to future technology.

-China? No, I'd say they have been the most consistent part of recent history.

-Competition? No. For all of the hype, the competition has generally talked more and performed less than Lynas.

Conclusion: The $4 party may happen at first feed or much later. But the certainty of its future seems more assured than ever before. And while I now expect a slower and steadier rise then the rare earth rush of H1 2011 made us hope for I don't see why that matters. That's fine with me. I'm still planning on being a big drunk guy hugging everyone in sight. So consider yourselves warned if you show. Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.61
Change
-0.100(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $7.113B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.49 $13.50M 1.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10000 $7.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.61 6808 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.