ATH 0.00% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

2005 top pick :re: 4. summary of trials to come. 4 good summary...

1. hi
    279 Posts.
    2005 top pick :re: 4. summary of trials to come. 4 good summary Gerry S.
    one to definately watch in 2005....& one of my top picks..

Gerry quoted :
    "SUMMARY

The share price may have been hovering near its lows. I was waiting to get back in, hence the study thread updates. I thought that around Nov would be just about right as one of the trials start early in the New Year. So, I would have to be in soon.

There are 2 points to consider:
    1. These trials with data control and publication may take quite some time. There will be updates on one of these.

2. The FDA is anxious to receive good results quickly as Alzheimers and Parkinsons are high on the list of mass diseases.

There is one Phase II/III trial. If the FDA agrees that could be marketed immediately the resuls are out. In some cases, the FDA may recommend marketing the other drug after Phase II is completed. Phase III can be completed at the same time.

Both drugs are unique and there is a great dose of goodwill available should the trials run well. I am not suggesting that PBT will obtain preferential treatment from the FDA.

Here are the Announcements of these 2 drugs:
    1. PRANA PLANS TO INITIATE PHASE II/III ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE STUDY
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PBT&E=ASX&N=226093

Extract:
    "PBT plans to initiate a Phase II/III study to
    examine the effect of PBT-1 in moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease patients in the late first quarter or the second quarter of 2005.

The Phase II/III study on PBT-1 will be known as the PLACQUE (Progression Limiting in Alzheimer’s: ClioQUinol’s Efficacy study) and will be conducted under the overall direction of Dr. Craig Ritchie of the Royal Free Campus, University College London.

"Prana currently anticipates that the results will be available no sooner than late 2006 but expects to be able to provide updates as the trial progresses".

Oct. 12: Study reinforces positive Phase II results:
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PBT&E=ASX&N=225749

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. Dr. Alsenas concluded, “Prana will soon have two very promising drugs in the clinic with PBT-2, our other clinical candidate, which is expected to start a Phase I clinical trial in early 2005.”

Comment: "Annual Report 2004:
    PBT-2 has since demonstrated superior performance across a range
    of in vitro and in vivo preclinical tests and is in the final months of toxicology testing before entering clinical trials early in 2005".

That drug has a smaller molecule than PBT-1, has.

Warning: Any investment has risks; one of these is that the projects may not necessarily be completed. Long waiting times can erode share prices although the II/III trial will supply updates."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $7.5K 1.5M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 63306661 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 38258482 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.