CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Nice plug for CFU, but the utilities aren't going anywhere even...

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Nice plug for CFU, but the utilities aren't going anywhere even if the technology existed for people to go off-grid today, at a reasonable price.

Residential customer:
    1. People also like convenience and will pay for it.
    2. Not all households will be able to go off-grid. e.g. Solar needs north facing roof space, a couple of panels on an apartment building won't get the toaster going for all units.

I don't count CFU as being off-grid as it needs a gas supply. Unless it is sourced from bio-gas, which is quite possible, but again, its the convenience factor. Making your own biogas needs work and maintenance.

Commercial customer
    1. most don't have enough time to manage their own sme business, I don't suspect they wish to become electrical engineers and becomes a mini-utility worrying about whether their system will hold up 24x7
    2. High rise building will always need utilities, unless they sacrifice floor space for generators

In short, there is a market for everyone, and it's a blessing to have utilities who can supply customer with reliable energy. Go to countries where people have to find their own energy sources when the utilities only supply energy for a few hours a day and you'll come to appreciate the great work they do in keeping a clean stable supply.

IMHO utility market will stagnate but not decline, unless they wise up and get a their finger in the pie of the 'disruptive' technology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.