TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

At $3.21 the market cap of Telstra is 40 B.I have read that...

1. 307 Posts.
    At $3.21 the market cap of Telstra is 40 B.
    I have read that about 1/3 of telstras profit comes from its fixed line assets. So if TLS were to vend these assets into the NBN for say 20B cash would this represent a good deal for TLS shareholders?I am assuming that the deal would include a contract with the NBN to transfer all customers over to the NBN

pros
    1. 20 b for an ageing asset requireing significant resources to maintain
    2. an offloading of the universal service obligations a big cost saving
    3. left with 66% of profits still but on a capital base of half (assuming that there is a capital return to shareholders of $1.60)
    4 post restructure, management can concentrate on high growth opportunities, rather than defending their ageing technology
    5 a window of 5-6 years to really clean up with the margins on the fixed line assets following the accc decision to allow increased wholesale prices.

cons
    1. loss of monopoly on a major source of revenue ie will have to compete on a level playing field.
    2. Access to funding may be reduced due to the fall in balance sheet assets.
    3 A new deregulated telco market will allow much more competition and innovation. Smaller players with nimble feet will be able to potentially steal market share from TLS.
    4. ??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.92
Change
-0.030(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $45.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.92 $3.94 $3.90 $79.14M 20.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11833 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.92 408977 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.