RED 3.37% 46.0¢ red 5 limited

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Lopez : below is an excerpt...

1. 2,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1274

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Lopez : below is an excerpt from the Wikipedia article on Gina Lopez, which I recommend all read in full.

Undoubtedly Mrs Lopez was an outstanding person, and remains highly admired in the Phillipines for her work as outlined in the article.
    Not in 2016, nor now, have I ever cast aspersions on her character or motives, but was critical of the impact of policies on good actors like RED5, who in the tradition of the company, from its outset, endeavoured to be good corporate citizens, that worked closely and harmoniously with local communities both in a consultative way and in trying to foster local economies and skill development.
    Although RED5 BOD and management decided to relocate to Australia, in 2017, they have retained ties with the Phillipines through its commitment to facilitate the transfer of ownership, and the restart of the mine, which RED retains a beneficial interest, in the form of a mining royalty.
    At all times, to my knowledge, RED5 personal have remained courteous, respectful and professional with the Phillipines and Gina Lopez.
    At no time did I ever disrespect Ms Lopez as a person, and I apologise to the family if any discussion has caused offence or hurt that may have occurred.

" Her environmental policies were much criticized by some big business ventures and pro-mining lawmakers[15] (her father owns one of the biggest companies in the country), but were backed by numerous environmental and human rights NGo's. In a recent survey, Filipinos backed Lopez's environmental policy by a huge majority. She was called a symbol and champion of environmental conservation in the country ever since.[16]

Lopez's appointment as Environment Secretary was rejected by the Commission on Appointments (CA) in a vote of 8–16 on May 3, 2017, amid issues over her controversial policies and alleged incompetence.[17] She was the second member of President Rodrigo Duterte's cabinet to be rejected by the Commission on Appointments following former Department of Foreign Affairs SecretaryPerfecto Yasay. In a press conference after the announcement of her rejection, Lopez thanked the eight CA members who "voted according to their conscience" and urged the legislators to look after the needs of the poor and not of big businesses. She said "it is unfortunate that business interest have in fact run the day." She added "if government co-opts to big businesses, then what hope does the poor have? What message are we giving here? If you wanna be confirmed, don't go against big businesses."[17] "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
0.015(3.37%)
Mkt cap ! $1.593B
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 46.0¢ 44.8¢ $5.097M 11.18M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 113954 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 669974 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
46.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 4.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
45.3¢ 46.0¢ 45.0¢ 3699315
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.