RED 5.06% 37.5¢ red 5 limited

If the market does correct (nee equitites), the best possible...

1. 272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    If the market does correct (nee equitites), the best possible place to be is in producing gold miners. Holding real tangible gold not in bank vaults is good, holding paper gold like derivatives is toilet paper. lm sure if the equities markets collapse or lose 40% value, goldies might suffer some pull back too, but it will be short lived before an almighty re-rate. Mean while, the general equities market takes years to recover former highs, while other stocks never do.
    As for Australian real estate as measured in our capital cities. Personally l think its in a bubble. The metrics of $1.5 million dollar fibro cottages in Sydney that l would not live in, pretty much says it all. I think my house in regional country town Queensland would be north of $ 4 million dollars in Sydney. Hence why l live where l do. The price metrics just dont add up. Free money for 20 years was hyper inflationary for housing, but in a substantially higher interest rate environment, mortgage stress is like the chickens coming home to roost. When Westpac runs advertisements telling TV views were are here to help - you know you gotta problem. If sticky inflation reignites and broaches 10%, watch out for Aussie bank viability. Aussie banks are notoriously exposed to home loans, so if property values collapse, banks are potentially exposed to massive losses on loans where buyers stup up just a 5% or 10% deposit. Yes l know they take out mortgage insurance, but the end result is a liquitidy crisis.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.5¢
Change
-0.020(5.06%)
Mkt cap ! $2.550B
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.8¢ 36.8¢ $13.81M 36.61M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 2044679 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 571259 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.