LOM 1.45% 7.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

40 mil spent on concession market cap 23 mil , page-35

1. 2,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    hi again Progol - I was reading about Dos Santos (again) and i swear i could feel his influence reaching down to me through LOM. Some of the following descriptions of him from an interview last year are very pertinent. ( sort of summed up what i have experienced since I have been on the LOM, LOM road. :)

Could be worse i suppose, if LOM was in Zimbabwe.

"But unlike South Africa's Jacob Zuma, who plays on his "everyman" image and who makes more public appearances and speeches than he appears to have time to prepare for, Dos Santos's trademark is his elusiveness, or as his critics would say, his aloofness.

There are no press conferences, tweets or emailed statements coming from Angola's pink presidential palace, and his spokespeople usually decline to comment, most often not even picking up the phone.

Dos Santos is seldom seen in public, though he remains omnipresent, his face beaming down from giant billboards next to long traffic jams caused by armed soldiers closing roads to allow him to move amid blue-light convoys.

The fact that so few people really know what he is thinking or planning is seen as key to the length and success of his tenure that has never been internally challenged by members of the MPLA.

Angolan politics is largely a game of second-guessing and conspiracy theories, of strategic, military and family alliances, over which Dos Santos rules absolutely via a carefully crafted web of patronage and influence.

Ministerial reshuffles come out of the blue, with loyal and capable cadres tossed aside simply because they can be, it often seems. And promotion and reward, at times, appears to be equally arbitrary.

People tuned in to the interview to learn more about the man who has run their country for more than three decades.

Few will feel that they have learned anything new about him or his politics, except for his wish to be remembered as a "good patriot". That, however, will be for future ­generations to decide."

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-06-14-00-dos-santoss-hollow-triumph-on-tv

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $20.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.4¢ 7.0¢ $42.21K 602.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 14170 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.