AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

The 40% price gain though a guarantee in price , if that is what...

1. mdc
    276 Posts.
    The 40% price gain though a guarantee in price , if that is what is agreed , is also not necessarily a good thing.

One is that , & I take it from the article , " A 40 percent gain in contract prices would see the price of Australian ore rise to about $84 a metric ton, from about $60 a ton. The cash price, including freight and insurance, was at $128.20 yesterday " .

That is quite a discount to the price we would be getting now though I understand that Atlas have negotiated a fair price mechanism where by they meet half way on any difference between the spot price & agreed price.
    I think that is something loosely like what they agreed but someone else can be more specific.

I believe this is why the likes of BHP are happy to let market demand drive the price as it does with most other commodities.
    This way of pricing would surely benefit Atlas in the near term ( say next 3 to 5 years ) before world supply gets closer to demand.

I am & will continue to be a long term holder of Atlas as I believe we will be a $10 a share company in the next 3 to 5 years.
    As to whether it is 3 or 5 years depends to me on predominantly 3rd part rail access being approved which inevitably I think it will.
    This will then unlock the resources that the Warwick Merger presented us.

I have spoken to some people who work for Atlas in the field who talk nothing but glowingly of who they work for after coming from other big named iron ore companies.

The upside from here is massive & I do really think that massive is the correct word.
    I look forward to the ride.
    Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.