BLV 0.00% 1.6¢ blossomvale holdings ltd

re: jct It is relatively clear that this technology is about the...

1. jct
    739 Posts.
    re: jct It is relatively clear that this technology is about the knowhow, engineering skill and logistics and less about the actual equipment involved. The fact remains that the value of the patented know how is significant (ie: If NMS was to close shop and sell out the technology completely and go off to start a baked bean factory.) Well in excess of the current $12M (and dropping) cap.

If the know how is the (main) key, then I would believe that the company is a little safer in offering its services in Asia and other developing countries than most companies with patented products. We can be pretty sure that NMS is not inviting people to "look on" while welding under a ship or while heating the internal skins to 300C. ;-)

True, Australian divers are expensive to contract/employ and train (as I have seen mentioned in earlier posts), but it is not necessarily the case in countries where economies are not booming in a similar fashion. With much of the work likely to be at shallower depths, one would also think that there would be less need for divers with deep depth accreditations (ie: more expensive divers).

This is a technology that can be kept relatively close to the chest I would have thought; unless NMS are ready to provide the information to suitable licenced partners. Yes, it would probably take some time to train enough divers, and perhaps this is even part of the reason why things are being delayed in Asia? Better to get all the ducks in a row for a service, than to offer a half cocked service and destroying your reputation in the industry from the beginning. They only need to screw up one job at this early stage and it will be difficult to convince new customers to use the technology. Get it all right, and the future should be bright. Gleamingly so. I'm willing to wait for that.

The current sell off is trader boredom and excitment in other sectors. (Or call it "charting" TA for those who enjoy jumping in and out of stocks.) THIS is where knowing TA is interesting (and powerful) when combined with basic fundamentals. Its a bit like robbing from Peter to give to Paul. Give NMS up day traders. Give them up. You can always buy them all back at a higher price later. ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.