WDS 2.25% $25.49 woodside energy group ltd

@Aceboy Not giving you too much credit, I am in the same boat as...

1. 107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16

@Aceboy Not giving you too much credit, I am in the same boat as I sold half of my two year holding days before the merger (foolishly) and I am hoping I can get in once again with a decent margin of safety if possible!

In terms of catalyst to get to $40, I would probably add when the next dividend is announced it will really hit home that Woodside is probably one of the few shares that can deliver material returns in the current market, dividends and capital gains.

You could expect if the property market is shaky that even the banks will start to pull back on their dividends anticipating the bad debts cycle to creep up, similar with retail and many other industries with grey clouds around. Generally in this sort of environment of hyper inflation, its generally energy and commodities that do well in the cycle before they go to #hit as well.

I also always look at Whitehaven Coal and what its share price has done in the last 18 to 24 months, even though being a coal stock and viewed as a leper in the market for a long time. I am hopeful in the fullness of time, the market will rerate WDS to its true value. I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the eating in a few years time!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$25.49
Change
0.560(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $48.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.23 $25.63 $25.15 $99.44M 3.899M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1100 $25.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$25.50 2100 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.