SMM 20.0% 0.4¢ somerset minerals limited

4000tpd here we come, page-7

1. 487 Posts.
    Yes, top-pick has gone strangely quiet recently, maybe I should fill the void...

"BUY BUY BUY!!! THIS THING IS CHEAP AS CHIPS FOLKS!"

Hmm... maybe not. Just playing TP.

New person question: Could anyone give me some ballpark figures on the relative costs to this open pit mining as opposed to the underground mining that's operational at the moment? I have read the expansion will share much of the existing infrastructure and so there will be synergy, but will the open pit have much lower costs just in itself? Or is it just the increased production at a similar cost?

Either way, like Mr Winchester stated, a 33% increase is again a massive ratio of increase, although I did assume this was going ahead anyway.

Whatnogravy, sometimes it seems to me TMR are damaged more by the small profit they have made so far than if they were to make no profit at all, as they try to increase production. Looking at many of the developing iron ore companies, most of those guys are sitting on a loss for the previous year as they seek to build for the future, but people are overwhelmed by the potential.

TMR is making a small gain instead of a loss as it seeks to build for the future, but this allows many people to focus on the developing production to criticise the company. I have thought a PE of "-" looks better than a PE of 40.

It would also seem to me the share price would have been better off if they just said "screw it, this third party ore is going to **** up our percentages and averages, especially average costs, I would rather just not make the profit and have better statistics".

It isn't about percentages, it is about profits, both now and in the future. TMR did what they had to do to make as much profit as they could through difficult cirumstances due to trying to increase profits in the future. Again, reverting back to the idea, the market didn't factor in an increase in sales price, but goes ballistic at the (temporary) increase in cost price, even if the net profit remains the same or improved.

If $1 costs is your primary concern WNG, because you believe analysts forecasts of $2 CU will hurt the company, even though you don't believe this will happen yourself, then perhaps you should reinvest in a smaller amount of a larger company with lower operating costs but less potential upside. I don't understand why you would invest in TMR if you believed low production costs would be the defining factor for the future re:CU. I don't believe they have ever stated to the investors a $1 cost is something they intending, hence something you would be investing in. We can all choose what we are investing in. (Although I would prefer Project $1 to Project 4000 ha ha).

Paul100, you seem to make a lot of sense, appear very knowledgeable and I have learnt from your posts so thanks. Although to be honest that is kind of annoying because you don't believe the timeframe of the pipeline is feasible. Hopefully you are wrong about that though!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.123M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $256 64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 2273526 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 5715156 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.