FMG 1.90% $20.14 fortescue ltd

1st i m on the sell side regardless of this Tax pass or not2nd i...

1. 108 Posts.
    1st i m on the sell side regardless of this Tax pass or not

2nd i actually think this is great idea and we should do it~ its a form of nationalization no doubt. but looking at most developed country around the world, there aint many arent loaded with huge amount of debt ~

where do you think Australia heading with ageing population and generous social system plus frequent drought issue? the wheat and farming industry is diminishing~ whats left for our country to export and make $$ ? technology ? cheap goods ? tell me?

we seriously need stable water system and green energy solution! without this two infrastructure in place i would be moving to other country before we finish digging all our resource underground without any saving at all ~ bloody serious !! no cheap food cheap power? you dont even have to wait for climate disaster to happen you already know this country is not livable

not long ago we consider one of the top resource rich country~ now look who's around us ? South Africa, canada, Brazil etc etc....

whats under the ground stays there if you dont digg it up ~ if resource company want to withhold their development project so be it, resource will only get less!! since when every thing is such a hurry ?

who's the real traitor here ? selling raw material cheap now knowing the price will be rocket up in the future or government trying to milk the mining company (which chinese is milking atm without paying much price to Australian) to provide a better future?

countries loaded with huge debt are in downward spiral, trying to find ways to save and cut deficit without success. where is $$ in our pocket? did we save any? save while you could before you got nothing to offer

US will be gigantic drop of last shoes, what happen in greece the riot and protest etc will repeat exactly in following countries who have to face the similar issue, trust me ! history repeat itself and if people think protest and riot is easy way out of huge living standard cut it will happen again in Italy and Spain and the BIG "United State of America" these will seriously destabilize the government system.

i heard economist on bloomberg saying U$ will be strong because its safe heaven in current episode? dont make me laugh ~ i say chinese will take this chance to off load their U$ holding when the price is good, then hold enough remain for political influence against US(some loss is no big deal when you play the big picture!). then open up their capital market and currency so the hot money and capital move there to help them develop !! just like the US did ~ US is only powerful because they were able to (still able to) keep borrowing money to fund their development ~ any country would die for such status ~ who wouldnt want to loaded with huge debt funded by international investor while building hard solid infrastructure within the country?

i think this tax is good for our long term future! since we couldnt find any way at all to protect our natural asset being snap up one by one by chinese!! being a nation, when your capital market is not strong enough to fight and defend foreign pray, legislation is the last resort (which we also consistently struggle with anxiety whether to sell or not to sell ?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.14
Change
0.375(1.90%)
Mkt cap ! $60.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.91 $20.15 $19.90 $17.54M 875.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1424 $20.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.14 605 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.42am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.