DOM 0.00% $2.95 dominion mining limited

415 trades, 362 of them were bots, page-11

1. 93 Posts.
    It is only illegal if you get caught is what you are saying?

Which regulator would be able to understand what they are looking at let alone track and analyze all these hundreds of buy-sell trades made electronically by 100's of institutions and hedge funds and others across the globe?

This algo trading is happening on literally hundreds of ASX companies and there could be multiple entities trading on the same "team".

From what I know of government regulators they do not employ people who are switched on to how these traders operate.

Even if by chance they had someone who was partially switched on to how would they even begin to regulate it?

These computers are most probably helping to prop up the major world indices so I can see no pressure on governments to regulate ....

Its mostly the small and insignificant punters who are being fleeced and the majority of the population is only vaguely aware of what the share market is...

Not sure we can do much about this but I admire your determination to at least try to make the regulators aware of what we all see...

I don't know if this is correct to assume but if I go into comsec charts and look over a 10 year period on the ASX it seems that volumes began to pick up significantly in July 2003. I wonder if this is when these High Frequency Trading Programs began to be used in earnest?

Just a hunch - on the charts I look at it seems that volumes definitely seemed to pick up from around then and have increased significantly more in recent years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.