DOM 0.00% $2.95 dominion mining limited

If these high frequency trading programs were not "creating...

1. 93 Posts.
    If these high frequency trading programs were not "creating liquidity" the volumes would be very low across the board on the ASX and from what I hear the same overseas...

I agree it is legalized manipulation. I do not think its illegal is it? Maybe it should be...

Like you I have been watching tiny sell orders being dropped constantly all day every day with DOM and other companies too.

We have no proof of it but I am convinced that the same institution or hedge fund is often on both sides of the trade.

I think its a strategy that works for whoever "they" are because it definitely knocks small traders/ investors confidence particularly when they are about to report and haven't been inspiring confidence of late.

Stop losses get triggered along the way in the daily dribble and in DOM case everyone wonders if the company has more bad news on the way.

DOM price has fallen to a level I didn't think possible and is very close to the lows of 2008 GFC... Seems crazy if they are not going broke...

DOM hasn't been impressive from a fundamentals point of view so this dribbling of sell orders and shorting is working very effectively at this time.

BUT I do not think it can be sustained without some decent swing back to more sensible prices. If you look at the history/ chart DOM has some big swings either way and it has been trending down since the March 2009 bottom. Many other Gold shares have had serious rises over that time as you would expect given the price of gold now. In addition to the high frequency trades i think there are some fundamental reasons for the fall of DOM...

A few more days and the uncertainty around the quarterly should be gone. DOM should announce 25-30K ounce production and a dividend of 8 cents to be paid in about 6 weeks (I hope).

At 2.31 cents a share that is 3% paid to us in 6 weeks time. If they maintain a 14 cents a share dividend over the next 12 months its a 6% dividend over the year on top of that and as other posters have said there is a lot of cash coming from 120,000 ounces...

I think the price is starting to reflect these facts as of today.

All we need is some reason for confidence in the management that they will be able to meet their 120,000 a year target. I hope this will come very soon.

In the big picture there is the continued upside in the gold price with the overpriced Australian dollar and governments around the world debasing their currencies - spending / inflating/ printing their way out of the private sector de-leveraging.

Buying DOM at these prices with a 6 % yield seems to be a relatively low risk punt to me...

I have been averaging down as the BOTS have manipulated coz in hindsight i started buying a bit too soon..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.