GDO 0.00% 30.0¢ gold one international limited

43c - the chinese will be laughing...., page-17

1. 2,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I agree with that. May be missing something I guess. That response on the 31st March referred to advisors being appointed to consider a possible buyout of minorities. There was no significant holder at the time. The idea seemed to be that someone would acquire a stake in GDO and offer to buy out those that weren't interested in getting involved in an acquisition.

Baiyin, who subsequently bought 17pc, doesn't appear to be a passive financial investor, rather focused on opportunities to use their own mining expertise. So I'm assuming they're the potential buyer of minorities. They are a diversified group so I'm also assuming Uranium doesn't concern them. Thats what suggested to me by this summary:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=29328716

Its possible that Baiyin didn't anticipate an acquisition of this nature. Although it seems strange to make such a large and effectively illiquid investment, just prior to their proposed IPO, without understanding at least the possibilities. Its also possible the potential buyer of minorities referred to is not Baiyin. If that is the case, they still appear to be there for now and we still have Baiyin as a buyer up to 53 cents as well.

I think the market has confused this story a little. Certainly I'm focused much more on the potential events than the long term fundamentals for the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.