450 employees lose their jobs.thanks labor, page-61

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Justis,

I also own a business that I started from scratch and have been running successfully for 15 years + without any government help whatsoever. As just one occurrence,
    an inept Labor government action recently caused our organisation to loss of money and heartache. Multiply that out by the many small businesses that were affected by this one action.

No it is not the sole fault of a government that sends companies broke, and I don't think anyone has claimed that, but it is government policy and decisions that can have a very long-lasting effect on companies, especially when they flip flop all the time. To be successful you need to have long-term plans and that is often very hard when the rules keep getting changed from underneath you. Fortunately the union movement doesn't affect my business but I have seen how the under-handed tactics of unions has caused great issues for many small business over time. How a government handles unionism is of paramount importance for productiveity and competitiveness. Without painting a brush on all unions, a number of unions are corrupt and many use over-handed tactics of persuasion. It is plainly wrong!

Jobs are being lost everywhere. They are being lost because the government has not adequately protected certain industries, and if they continue on the current path, whole industries will be lost forever in Australia. An extraordinary number of very old, mature companies have been going broke of late. Every country tries to protect their industries, why aren't we?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.