450 employees lose their jobs.thanks labor, page-62

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

makattack,

You said:

"No it is not the sole fault of a government that sends companies broke, and I don't think anyone has claimed that...."

The person who started this thread, with the thread header, blames Labor for that.

Did you rebuke that person for blaming the Labor government ? I don't see you had.

You also said:

"Jobs are being lost everywhere. They are being lost because the government has not adequately protected certain industries, and if they continue on the current path, whole industries will be lost forever in Australia. An extraordinary number of very old, mature companies have been going broke of late. Every country tries to protect their industries, why aren't we?"

There are certain industries, for national security reasons, may need government assistance.

I don't believe it is the case in this matter. As it had been, and will continue to be the case, businesses that cannot compete or are unable to adapt to changed circumstances will fall by the roadside.

Has Tony Abbott said that if he were in government, his government will step in to "protect" such companies in the event of their collapse in similar circumstance ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.