450 employees lose their jobs.thanks labor, page-64

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Did you rebuke that person for blaming the Labor government ? I don't see you had.

Why would I rebuke it when I believe the government and its unions are contributing to the dire state of many of our long-lived industries?

businesses that cannot compete or are unable to adapt to changed circumstances will fall by the roadside.

When your government hinders your own ability to compete internationally then of course you are going to fail. How for example are Australian companies supposed to compete online when international companies can offer the same goods for 10% cheaper? That's before taking into account the cheaper labour costs. Plenty more examples of this government failing dismally in helping our industries remain competitive.

Has Tony Abbott said that if he were in government, his government will step in to "protect" such companies in the event of their collapse in similar circumstance ?

Geez, talk about not understanding the issue here. We're not talking about protecting companies once they've collapsed, we're talking about providing fair conditions allowing industries to remain competitive, in other words, exactly what governments are supposed to do and have been doing for decades.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.