LYC 0.15% $6.79 lynas rare earths limited

omgwen3rds,Does your father having a running interest (financial...

1. 5,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    omgwen3rds,

Does your father having a running interest (financial or professionally) in other REE deposits likely to achieve production? I would assess LYC would, and if these deposits are indeed developed and proved potentially economical they must be appealing for acquisition based on the depressed prices and investor caution amongst the REE minnows.

As these minnows fail with CAPEX considerations etc, I think the producers will be in a great position to establish long mine reserves across several deposits in several countries at a low acquisition cost with the support of shareholders from both parties.

With so many deposits out there, I would think that some of the chemistry could be matched and these potentially economical deposits become very economic deposits for the right producer, hopefully using similar refining techniques.

For example, I am a PEK (and LYC) shareholder who would support a takeover/merger, once LYC has met its steady state production commitments and developed further contracts, and PEK has further proven its significant resource and ease of REE separation (see scoping study recently released). This would continue to build LYC into a dominant international REE producer and see one of these minnows a guaranteed entry into the production space outside of China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.79
Change
-0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.78 $12.19M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5667 $6.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 6940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.