LYC 0.15% $6.79 lynas rare earths limited

47% cerium; 47% wasted capex for no profit, page-9

1. 3,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    "With so many deposits out there, I would think that some of the chemistry could be matched and these potentially economical deposits become very economic deposits for the right producer, hopefully using similar refining techniques."

With regards to the above statement, each an every deposit is unique its in own right and so far all the deposits (in Australia) not one we have come across is similar and so all technology and the chemical processes needs to developed from the ground up.

I know this for a fact because Lynas has discussed with other REE explorer companies before, into licensing its proprietary technology to them for a monthly fee. The Ree explorer wins because they get to safe time/short cut research time and Lynas get a royalty stream. Unfortunately this business deal fell through because the chemical used fro Mount Weld only suit Mount Weld only. I can confidently say Hypothetically even if a explorer found a deposit a few hundred kilometers away from Mount Weld, the chemistry would still not match.

With regards to PEK no comment. Can't discuss PEK.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.79
Change
-0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.78 $12.19M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5667 $6.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 6940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.