NZS 0.00% 0.2¢ new zealand coastal seafoods limited

He mentioned Europe and Japan in the short term.I have some...

1. 10,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1767
    He mentioned Europe and Japan in the short term.

I have some other notes on random stuff too.

1) NZ fisheries quota is commercially tradeable. Even if it came to it, NZS could just buy quota and get other parties to fish it up in the course of their work. Hasn't had to happen because supply is easy to get. If demand takes off it can be dealt with.

2) Most fishing companies just fish, they do not value add, or seek to do so.

3) Ling maw is not a waste product. Ling is an expensive fish and the fisheries make money on the fillets. Ling margins are great so the fisheries are happy to fillet the fish to make their money without having to set up a completely new business. "stick to their knitting"

4) Relationships with primary producers is strong for NZS. This seems to be covered in their announcements (and appointments).

5) Big lead time and expertise to even get product into Chinese and other markets. NZS has expertise and success.

6) Nutraceuticals are a big push tin addition to raw food and ready to eat food. Big overlap in processes and plant for both, so do both to add value to value adding processes. Powdering and oil is big businesses. KDI already provides to Asian, US and European pharma markets. This can be leveraged in a big way for NZS sea-based products.

And those are my scrawled notes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.