TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

4corners on nbn, page-57

1. 3,062 Posts.
    a few times i have said the whole story is not being told regarding the NBN most are focusing on the suburban dream of games,on demand movies and professional online consultations.

its about bandwidth,only one of 132 light frequency will be in use the reward for the government as technology expands enabling use of more bandwidth is either an exponential growth in revenue or as a cost offset only the cheapest wholesale broadband in the world.

an open invitation to industry to invest in australia,it will not matter where it is managed from and the hope for
    business in regional australia thats presently not possible or unknown, unknowns knowns,being the eternal creativity of human beings.

i am with the brigade that does not support the current proposal on the basis of cost/real usage,however thinking more expansively it provides an unprecedented opportunity for new enterprise.

all of those against including myself could be wrong,so perhaps some consideration should be given to what might happen if more bandwidth becomes available.

although its not related to TLS or the NBN ,i looked at the new chinese produced Chery, its built on an automated production line,and its construction is relatively simple,easy to work on and uses lots of common parts throughout the process--it has been built with a strong focus on cost, marketing and after sales service,a reliable very affordable new vehichle---

the NBN is a brand new piece of infrastructure which if completed today we would only be utilising approx 7.6% of its potential thats a pretty impressive bit of headroom for technology to find new uses for the available bandwidth--and thats the future as i see it for the NBN

ultimately it might be more a question ofhow much can be created as opposed to how much it cost.

bit like the good night out that cost a motza the memory will be the event and not the cost--it might be an unprecedented opportunity

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.86 $49.76M 12.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 228669 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 236423 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.