4DS 2.17% 9.4¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-11529

1. 1,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1165
    Hate to argue with you on a stock we both like and hold.

But I'm just not willing to pretend the word of one ex-imec engineer means the company will succeed in producing the megabit chip.

He was an ex engineer. He said these things in 2019. And since then, while progress has been made, the announcement regarding the first platform lot seems to suggest it wasn't 100% successful, more that it showed them what they need to change for Lot 2 to be successful.
    "validated the integration process steps required to integrate 4DS memory cells with imec’s megabit platform. The information gathered from this testing has enabled 4DS to identify which process steps will be further tuned, to benefit future platform iterations."

Which is fine. You need to fail to succeed.

But yeah, I just feel you should perhaps consider the ex-imec engineers remarks as "at that time" and realise that plenty happened in 2020 that may have changed the landscape for 4DS. How could he be so sure in 2019, if even now, in 2021, the company isn't 100% certain of success (if they were, they would surely say so).

Really just playing devils advocate here. Not trying to downramp (can't afford to buy any more, even if they drop, CGT implications). I also don't doubt you about what the bloke said. We just don't know if he had any other motives. Or why he was an ex engineer. Or anything really.

Better to just wait for the company to tell us things, rather than third party sources.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.4¢
Change
0.002(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $165.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.5¢ 9.0¢ $160.7K 1.746M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27317 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 480392 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.