4DS 0.00% 8.2¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-11963

1. 1,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 712
    Effectively all of the power consumed by any electrical device has to be dissipated in the form of heat, unless it releases energy in other forms of radiation or mechanical work. Therefore it's VERY important to reduce the heat dissipation of electrical components in a system as that heat has to be handled multiple times. If I had a server rack using 4kW of power, I have to move that out of the chassis, out of the rack, into the open and then out of the room. The final step of moving the heat from a controlled environment into the open outside air requires an average COP (coefficient of performance) of 4. So it will take a minimum of 1kW to move that 4kW of heat outside. This is for a small to medium size server room that can utilize direct-expansion refrigeration systems. Once you get into larger server rooms that require chilled water systems, the COP will reduce (less efficient) and the maintenance costs skyrocket. Now couple this with the requirement to control humidity to a finite level, it becomes an expensive endeavor that can easily approach a COP of 1 in direct costs.

Energy reduction is the holy grail in semiconductor technology and it's my understanding that our ReRAM has tackled that problem with magnitudes less energy consumption AND no need for ECC which further reduces the energy consumption by half.
    Spending half of my life trying to move heat from server and SCADA rooms to the great outdoors has given me great respect for the engineering behind 4DS technology... Unless it's too good to be true.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $144.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 8.2¢ $54.70K 667.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 523140 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 439204 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.61 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.1¢ 8.3¢ 8.1¢ 296376
Last updated 13.24pm 07/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.