4DS 4.35% 8.8¢ 4ds memory limited

More pondering.Everything points to 4DS in a couple of months we...

1. 707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 470
    More pondering.

Everything points to 4DS in a couple of months we will have obtained the objective.

Close to the speed of DRAM, but with retention (undisclosed, but adequate for storage class, which might means hours to years), endurance better than flash.

Able to be manufactured with existing industry standard equipment, a big one, effectively means whoever buys the recipe, will be able to get into production very quickly, retooling not building.

It will no doubt go through the same process as a drug, slowly get cheaper.Initially being price pointed to the storage market where they have lots of dollars and the pressure is on to get greener with power consumption.

It is projected that the 4DS tech will use a 10th of the power of existing tech.

According to this study, in 2018, the world’s data centers consumed 205 terawatt-hours of electricity, or about 1 percent of all electricity consumed that year worldwide.
    https://www.datacenterknowledge.com/energy/study-data-centers-responsible-1-percent-all-electricity-consumed-worldwide

A terawatt equals 1,000,000,000 KW, so at today's local retail price of around 20c per KWh that would equate to a power bill of $200m per hour => $249.6 billion per annum.

So what is a technology worth that can save $224.64 billion per annum.

Ok, I know that is a rubbish calculation, who knows the real price of electricity to a data center, and what power savings can or will be made implementing 4DS tech, but I'm sure the EU and Biden will soon mandate the use for green house reasons alone. Spending on data centre infrastructure is projected to be $200 billion this year.

All it tells me is, I want script in whoever buys this, at whatever price they pay us for it.

What value a technology that saves billions per annum?

$4 share probably a good opening bid WD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
-0.004(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $155.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 8.8¢ $107.6K 1.206M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 498746 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 144893 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.8¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 3.30 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.9¢ 9.0¢ 8.8¢ 702427
Last updated 15.49pm 26/04/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.