4DS 2.60% 7.5¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-14595

1. 770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694
    Hi Khoutam,

In the event that (WD) take up the licensing option in the first instance as opposed to outright purchase of 4DS , won't this 'greatly' diminish the 'sale value' of the 4DS tech because it takes away the obvious market edge the buyer would gain as a sole distributor? I assume a licensing fee (amount) has not been disclosed as yet and has not been contracted ......... (pointless I guess until you know what the final operating specs are).
    I can only hope that the licensing fee would suitably balance out a diminished purchase price.
    I guess there is some benefit for a prospective buyer if WD had a licensing agreement, in that it helps make the technology more broadly accepted, used and therefore more likely to become mainstream.
    If not covered already I would be interested to know what everyone thinks is a likely licensing fee, and sale price to another party (if WD take the licensing option but not the purchase option). I can't personally offer a view on this, as I admit I don't totally understand the reach this technology is likely to have. I only know it is unique and has many benefits over existing memory technology.

Thank you for yours and just about everyone else's valuable contributions.

Exciting times. I'm very happy to be onboard.......... until closure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.002(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $132.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.8¢ 7.8¢ 7.5¢ $132.2K 1.749M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 726271 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 82439 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.