4DS 1.09% 9.3¢ 4ds memory limited

Good post by Hash. Very helpful and it all makes sense. But, WD...

1. 442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263

Good post by Hash. Very helpful and it all makes sense.

But, WD are not the only game in town. There are plenty of other potential acquirers IF the company can get a Mb chip working. I'm sure the BoD are not relying only on WD as their exit.

WRT to the timing, we know there is going to be a significant time-lag from 4DS being purchased to the acquirer actually bringing a product to market. You would expect that there will be 18 mths to 2 years of additional development to be done, by which time there should be a thriving SCM marketplace. Given any sale of 4DS before late next year now looks very unlikely, difficult to see an actual memory product being offered to customers of the acquirer before mid to late 2024. That is the best part of 3 years from now - a lifetime in technology terms, which perhaps is a concern in of itself?

We know that Optane has not gone well for Intel but it is not disruptive. The whole point about 4DS is that the performance - to the extent that we peasant SHs know - is disruptive, assuming they can get a Mb chip to work.

For me, the response at the AGM by the BoD to the questions we are going to be submitting will be very important. I fully expect some or many of them to be ignored - partly because there are too many - but given what has gone on recently the Directors need to impart a decent amount of new information about where they are at and what their expectations are going forwards. In essence at the AGM they need to show their SHs some respect and understand that they have just managed to get the majority of us totally offside by putting out a ridiculously negative announcement.

If they tell us significant new information and in my judgement - and those of other LTHs on here - some or much of it is positive then I will continue to hold, if they do not then I may well look to reduce my holdings. The ball is in their court come the AGM. The people I need to hear from are the MD and the Chairman.

Last edited by Accumulator101: 08/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
0.001(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $163.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.8¢ 8.8¢ $1.172M 12.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 233391 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 58082 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.