4DS 2.60% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

Thanks for that unhelpful little snippet there Jasp. I may have...

1. 169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    Thanks for that unhelpful little snippet there Jasp. I may have also picked the new top. Some parting comments on the imec royalty situation. If I remember correctly, some people said that the fact that imec is now going to be paid in royalties is a vote of confidence. I just read the "imec contract renewal for 2022" part of the technical update. It is not very clear (and I'm a commercial lawyer), but my reading of it is that the 8% "royalty" arrangement has always been there, but now it is capped at 5 million euro / AU $7.8m. This "royalty" appears to be payable from 4DS licensing or sale revenues that occur while the imec agreement is on foot. It is a deferred conditional payment. Also, 4DS is aiming for a tech sale, not a licensing model (like WBT). So if 4DS sells the tech in the next year, this triggers the 5 million euro payment to imec. Second, it looks like imec is ALSO going to be paid 600,000 euro in cash for their work for the first 7 months of 2022. So if my reading is correct, imec is not substituting their fees for a "success fee", which would be a vote of confidence. Rather, they are being paid as usual, and are simply agreeing to accept a cap on the sale fee part of the arrangement. Their maximum "royalty" payment of $7.8m kicks in at a tech sale price of $97.5m (8% = $7.8m). If the tech sells for over $97.5m then imec gets no further payment. Could this be a suggestion that imec isn't expecting a massive sale price? If they were, why would they be happy to cap their entitlement? I may well be wrong in my interpretation, but jesus couldn't they at least make it clear in the update as to what is actually going on?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.002(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.9¢ 7.7¢ $290.5K 3.731M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 211255 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.