4DS 4.55% 9.2¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-20080

1. 422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356

Can someone please tell me what the video released today was trying to achieve beyond ticking a box to say "we have done a video"?

Given the interviewer, I assume it was targeted at investment community. Who in their right mind would buy shares based on that performance?

After watching it 3 times I am at a loss at what the pitch was.

What was the key message that Dave & the Dr was trying to convey?

Was it seriously to communicate a change in strategy via random video after having 4 weeks to put together an announcement?

Was it to reset expectations - hundreds of competitors (memory stack per week + internal developed tech) / nothing will happen on sale until we get data (October 22 at earliest) . Brutal honesty in a sales pitch is a novel idea. But why start now?

Was it just to provide their side of the clusterf@ck since August? "Can only play cards that were dealt."

Dave - I am begging you - hire a communication consultant. Develop of plan for each communication : objective / audience / key message. Somewhere in Silicon Valley there is probably a AI communication consultant we could rent for a couple of hours.

Suggest start off with :
    • What is the problem 4DS is trying to solve : as a shareholder (not a global memory buyer) I am more confused today than ever.
    • Who is the problem important to?
    • How much pain does the problem cause? $$$$$ (After 5 years it is not good enough just to say how big are NAND / DRAM markets because we are not replacing either!)
    • What makes 4DS think they have the answer? : being unique is an empty description - fingerprints are unique but not special

Keep rewriting the above until you get to the point of answering above with as few as words a possible.

Next, ask one of your family members to watch todays video & see how many of the above questions were answered.

Lastly , has there been changes to wording on website - looks different but I am not sure why.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3797/3797862-c1f32e66428c8b03660331f52246ced8.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3797/3797920-330d0f67bc3682dedcfc2dd2c67592b7.jpg

Key Highlight : "Technical update" - surely now they are just taking the piss. wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.