4DS 6.12% 9.2¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-20120

1. 2,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4725
    Hey 56, the pathway to commercialization was always going to be one of least resistence, most return & for the right price..

Joe public is fickle and the semicon world anchored to 30yr old relics due to prohibitive cost to innovate & the detrimental cost if you screw the pooch doing it…

Handy maintained new nvm would go the way of the embedded route first so it is partially meritorious to be clearly labelled standalone & it appears no immediate scrum fight is brewing with MRAM..

As for UM, I think we already knew that whilst it could do all things it couldn’t do them simultaneously and hence would be tuned in either configuration depending on the customer req… Rather like 8teys comfort or race mode in the chariot of fire… hehe

WDC are scaling & speeding up 3D Nand as it is so let MRAM have that early bun fight and 4DS can arrive at the party late under license when she’s damn well ready!

As for the shot at glory, I still think they took it.. But instead of going for the here and now numbers the went for the state of the art start line and called out DRAM on the mike..

Still no explanation of what the “new process” is or at what scale so can only go off the Imec ref to current state of the art process to gauge..

Bit of a waste calling out Nand as well at the time perhaps but if all you got is Disallowed then “cure all ills” it is..

Bit of a hiccup, of which I wouldn’t be shelling everything out for rework cost on just quietly as Imec nearly went the VW diesel gate route!

But the Dr sounded confident enough that the current squirrel grip post painfull but productive TH negotiations would mean a working megabit memory is coming in 2022 to hang all our chrissie lights and metrics off.. hehe

And by my way of thinking if an unamed exec said “look I see a heap of these every week but I wont budge until the chip is fully badged” then do we ask has the Dr already been shopping things around?

Or did he just do a Jehovahs witness with a pamphlet and praise?

It was the Big Willy show for a reason.. It is clear there is now one man with a plan in charge..

Roll on AGM 8tey

Last edited by Hateful8: 16/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
-0.006(6.12%)
Mkt cap ! $165.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.7¢ 9.0¢ $490.2K 5.232M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200535 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 91001 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.37pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.